Email Verification: is set to yes
Maybe another bug of 2.1 ?

#2 Media66

Media66

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

yes this is a major problem 95% of members signup with fake email or they never get it
because it ends up in the junk folder 98% of time that means that 95% of users cant upload no wonder it´s hard for avs owners to maintain there site this issue must be fixed
ASAP.

#3 restore9

restore9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

any fix for this ?

#4 emperor_2052

emperor_2052

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hi!

I am not sure if you guys are talking about this problem in v2.1, so I'll try to specify a bit more.

In my case, first of all you have to have the guest limit enabled. Once the limit has been reached, the user is supposed to enter an email adress and a username and password. In other words, the usual signup process.

However, as it is supposed to be, the user isn't even supposed to be able to use his login credentials BEFORE he has verified that his email is correct and valid. This happens through the users logging in his specified email and clicking on the verification link.

As it is now, the user can enter any fake or bogus email. He does not even need to click the verification link since he can login and still be able to do all the things a verified user is supposed to do.

Are we talking about the same problem?

If we are, how the heck can the testers miss such an thing?:mad: I am losing money right now because a lot of my newsletter goes to bogus adresses. This newsletter is supposed to cover upcoming events like liveshows etc.:mad:

TO AVS! GUYS, SOME OF US ARE ACTUALLY LOSING MONEY BECAUSE OF THIS!!!:mad:

#5 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

I do not think you are right and are too fast with accusations.
Email can be verified only by clicking the link provided while signup process.
So whenever user login, from whatever place - his email stays not verified if user didn't do that yet.

This is standard in many scripts so user can login website, even if email is not verified, but then is limited with certain features, like upload or whatever the authors of the script find useful for it.
That's how the script was supposed to work, and this is not a bug or something missing.

Form other hand if someone wish to have it different it is not very difficult to change it so user cannot login at all until his email is verified.

Edited by dargre, 07 February 2011 - 11:48 AM.

VIDEO.JS - best HTML5 player in the world for AVS script

NUEVOPLAYER 8 - best flash+html5 player for video scripts
Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#6 myavsforums

myavsforums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

i agree with dargre
guest limit is minimum good gesture you have to respect as right to evaluate to turn a client into customer
in that sense guest limit is not a bug, it is a feature.