• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hi. How can we get the old per video midroll ads? Was it removed completely with the update? That was a good feature in the old version and now it is gone. Thanks.

What information about midroll ads you send to player is only PHP case and not player swf itself.
If someone's familiar with PHP this is not a big problem to build another midroll type - for certain video only, especially when there is already a system for random and channel ads.
Unfortunately this is too much code so I could leave other important projects and post it or publish free.

Edited by dargre, 30 April 2011 - 10:25 AM.

VIDEO.JS - best HTML5 player in the world for AVS script

NUEVOPLAYER 8 - best flash+html5 player for video scripts
Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#22 Xtreame96

Xtreame96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

How much to liscence this and install it in AVS?

#23 BaiGanio

BaiGanio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:09 AM

Hey Dargre
I checked your player and it looks great
does your player support AdSense for video ?

#24 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

Hey Dargre
I checked your player and it looks great
does your player support AdSense for video ?

Is your site non-adult and do you have 10 million video views per month to have such ads? That's Google minimum requirements.

No I didn't build AdSense for video integration. It's waste of time for me. As far I've seen 1 client who maybe has 10 million views on his non adult site. 10 million views means about 80K-150K UU/daily.

But what I did is AnyAd HTML plugin which allows to put standard AdSense banner (whatever size) before video starts (with timeout or close button) and on each pause event. And surely it's much more effective than Adsense for video for one simple reason: in video ads are not even 1% of standard AdSense ads used by advertisers

Edited by dargre, 13 May 2011 - 02:56 PM.

Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#25 BaiGanio

BaiGanio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

And surely it's much more effective than Adsense for video for one simple reason: in video ads are not even 1% of standard AdSense ads used by advertisers

yes, and I display the ads already
just saw your player and like it , so I was thinking if it support adSense for video I may consider that
however
your statement about AdSense for video is absolutely not true
regular adSense as we all know is PPC , video pre-roll ad is CPM and for US traffic google pay $15 per mile ;)

#26 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

For my older app once I integrated Google in-video for 2 clients, have also close friend who runs Adsense for video now, so I know well what is efficiency of Google in video ads and it doesn't change my opinion.
As a dveloper I was also permitted by Google to test their libraries and in-video ads documentation (still have it).

Whatever it would be (AS for video) - this is not a business for me to spend a lot of time on programming something that later nobody (or 1-2 people) will use.
Prefer to focus on things that can be used by thousands.

#27 BaiGanio

BaiGanio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

you're right , in your case is waisting your time
we also got great revenue from SpotXchange , if you integrate that I think you'll have allot of clients , spotX requirement is 25K monthly and is relatively easy to get into

one question I have - how/where is the plugin situated , is it build into the player's SWF file , or is served using Jasa Script ?

#28 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

you're right , in your case is waisting your time

Glad you understand my point.
Things may change in some time from releasing version5 of the player which will come with completely rebuild architecture, and it will be easier for me to built new multiple plugins. Nuevoplayer5 is ready as SWF file, but still there is a lot to do (demos, integrations). At the moment I'm just playing with demo for bitrate switching based on SMIL files. I hope to release it in the end of May or begining of June, surely before I leave to Paris for Bastille Day :)

If you think of AnyAd plugin - data is php, output is javascript. It also uses some unique javascript bridge between player and javascript.
What is best with such plugin - adsense ads are fitted according to html content. Most other solutions for adsense uses 3rd party ad server, what ends in completely not related ads.
It's very important for some niche sites. Well fitted ad brings far more incomes.

Edited by dargre, 13 May 2011 - 05:57 PM.

#29 BaiGanio

BaiGanio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

If you think of AnyAd plugin - data is php, output is javascript. It also uses some unique javascript bridge between player and javascript.

hm, this is the issue for me
we're running live broadcasting site and we encourage the streamers to embed the player on their pages ( so they can have their own ads and make money to )
however , there are greedy ppl obviously ( those are not the average Joe's ) , and because we serve the ads using JS too , so some kids find how to remove the ads code and embed the player ads free on their pages ( how convenient is that )
obviously we catch then and IP ban them ,
so, if we could have the ads /plugin hard codded into the SWf file then we can sleep well :)

#30 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

First thing that you surely know is that standard Adsense is javascript and nothing else. Additionally you can't manipulate such ad code.

But as you could notice on some sites (first is youtube) they all switch from embed code to iframe or full javascript. Such code can be very short and is something too difficult to manipulate for most.
With some knowledge javascript code to paste on site could be as short as:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http:// www.yoursite.com/play/xxx"></script>
Much shorter than embed code and allows to embed a player + anything extra content...
Same with iframe...

Did you ever reviewed Adsense code detaily? Basic code is not so long, but if you look into generated set of DOM objects there are tons of javascript functions and iframes, can be also flash object nested somewhere deep.

Edited by dargre, 13 May 2011 - 08:18 PM.

#31 BaiGanio

BaiGanio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

haven't really get deep into the code and we are aware of iframe , this is how the embed code is

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://****.tv/js/embedPlayer.js"></script>

but still , as I say is not for average Joe

I'll check you new version of the player when came out

#32 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

haven't really get deep into the code and we are aware of iframe , this is how the embed code is

Well if there are users that are able to replace or remove your ad code from your javascript - such ad code has surely some id which could be compared inside flash player. Then if id not found - player doesn't play or even display warning message... Just my thought.

BTW. If your site is some entertainment related and your traffic is not mostly Asia origin - do you have any Ad spots to sell?

Edited by dargre, 14 May 2011 - 12:14 AM.

#33 GILBERTO

GILBERTO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:04 AM

dargre , whats gonna be the diference betwen 4 and 5 nuevoplayer versions ?

#34 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

dargre , whats gonna be the diference betwen 4 and 5 nuevoplayer versions ?

100% changed architecture (all code rewritten)
There is lot of new code for really demanding users and rtmp streaming.

some things like midroll ads, overlay ads, labels, time limit will work as plugins now (loaded additionally).
New architecture will open great possibility for me to build new and new plugins without changing main swf player code.

On start:
New will be analytics plugin, one based on google flash GA library, so it works also for embeded videos.
New will be vimeo plugin - playing vimeo video from vimeo simple URL
New will be youtube plugin (built in), playing also those videos with youtube ads

There is more control over skins if someone's skilled in flash graphics.

I will be adding much more plugins, once I finish with all basics and release the player.

#35 GILBERTO

GILBERTO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:52 AM

o wow thank u dagree ! ill wait for it to buy my 3th license

#36 BaiGanio

BaiGanio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:50 PM

Well if there are users that are able to replace or remove your ad code from your javascript - such ad code has surely some id which could be compared inside flash player. Then if id not found - player doesn't play or even display warning message... Just my thought.

BTW. If your site is some entertainment related and your traffic is not mostly Asia origin - do you have any Ad spots to sell?

very little bit from Asia
most US and EU viewers ( let say 85% )
and we display ads only in the player

when is your next release exactly coming ? I'll purchase the player
are you doing some modifications ?
I'm interested in Custom HTML Afiliate 468x60 Banner that can been set up to show every N time into the stream , while video is still going ( kinda like adSense for video )

we have that done using JS , however there is the problem ( and why I'll purchase your player )
adBlock plus for FF or Chrome blocks all the ads and I was amazed your player still display them ( I tried with adblock plus on ) - I hope it will display the ads also in the live stream too

and yes, i can display your ad if you wish , we can make a deal of that ;) as is right now we have or own custom build GEO targeting solution , so if you want we can display your banner on the certain users/country only
I'm wondering if we can implement that with your player

Edited by BaiGanio, 20 May 2011 - 12:06 AM.

#37 mcreedy

mcreedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:57 PM

Is it possible for your player to play HD movies in HD as the default and user can change it to SD if they want?

#38 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

Is it possible for your player to play HD movies in HD as the default and user can change it to SD if they want?

Yes, there is option "HD first" in siteadmin and Nuevoplayer settings.

#39 mcreedy

mcreedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

Yes, there is option "HD first" in siteadmin and Nuevoplayer settings.

Do you work at the weekend? I'm looking to purchase your player today?

#40 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

I'm available today about 6 hours from this post time.
On Sundays I'm little bit limited, though happens I work full time, however tomorrow I will be online during the day for only 3-4 hours, as later my wife decided to visit her sister (without my permission!).
Well I'm not happy of any "family" parties, but sometimes must agree just to keep "peace" at home. Fortunately my brother-in-law is OK, my wife's sister too (if only not talking :D)

Whatever - if someone has minimum experience with files editing and not heavily modified script - self installation is really simple. Only 1 installer file to run and 4 simple lines to edit. Once installed, all player options and settings are available from siteadmin, just like other avs options.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tag, tags