• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 mcreedy

mcreedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:03 PM

I'm available today about 6 hours from this post time.
On Sundays I'm little bit limited, though happens I work full time, however tomorrow I will be online during the day for only 3-4 hours, as later my wife decided to visit her sister (without my permission!).
Well I'm not happy of any "family" parties, but sometimes must agree just to keep "peace" at home. Fortunately my brother-in-law is OK, my wife's sister too (if only not talking :D)

Whatever - if someone has minimum experience with files editing and not heavily modified script - self installation is really simple. Only 1 installer file to run and 4 simple lines to edit. Once installed, all player options and settings are available from siteadmin, just like other avs options.

I purchased your played today and received client area access within the hour. Player is installed and I'm very happy with it.

Thanks for your help, have fun tomorrow :)

#42 BaiGanio

BaiGanio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

@ dargre
just to inform you that your ads links doesn't work
also the player doesn't open on linux machines

#43 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

I'm not sure of what you write about, is it after or before upgrade.
There was a moment so midroll,preroll click was not working but should be fine later.
Whatever, I released Nuevoplayer 5 few days ago, but didn't announced it as I left for 2 weeks vacation. At the moment I'm writing this at Champs 'd'Elysee in Paris, so have no chance to check anything or update.
But will be back on Sunday, then will write more about Nuevoplayer 5

Best regards from Paris.

VIDEO.JS - best HTML5 player in the world for AVS script

NUEVOPLAYER 8 - best flash+html5 player for video scripts
Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#44 BaiGanio

BaiGanio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:59 PM

@dargre

I know you don't want to bother with custom integration but do you consider OVA ( Open Video Ads ) integration ? Such a integration will be helpful for allot of webmasters and I'm pretty sure you'll increase your sales :)

#45 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

OVA is held by Longtail and due to copyright terms + longtail requirements I rather won't focus on this solution.
Additionally their sourcecode is not exactly compatible to my code architecture, so it would require really a lot of work to integrate and I'm not able to dedicate so much time for it.
Finally, I know you can be interested in some advanced technology, but believe me, such people like you is less than 1% of webmasters :)

Anyway I'm talking with some other big ad companies, already started some integrations. But it's a lot of work and Nuevoplayer is very fresh, so it can take time before I will publish something new in this subject.

Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#46 BaiGanio

BaiGanio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

the code for as3 players is free and open source but if it isn't compatible with yours :(
OVA can been used for adult sites too
a comp of mine integrated OVA with open video player and he doesn't have legal issues with LongTail , and he obviously will not share his code with me

with what big companies are you talking if that is not a secret ?

Edited by BaiGanio, 18 July 2011 - 12:05 AM.

#47 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:36 AM

a comp of mine integrated OVA with open video player and he doesn't have legal issues with LongTail

If you'd read well THE OVA FOR AS3 LICENSE - you would know that it is not free for commercial distribution.
If you do not distribute custom player with OVA lib - it's ok to use their free source code.
Anyway I will try to look around how to proceed with OVA, though I really doubt it could bring me enough profits to cover my efforts (in community I'm active)
I'm not longtail or flow, I don't plan any huge promotiion for my product, don't plan to search for workers and hire them. I'm too old for this, I'm not so the greedy for money and career :) I also used to create projects relatively simple to understand by most of people, but keep it as attractive as possible. That's why Nuevoplayer in most of aspects looks more attractive than those famous players, has intuitive control panel.
As I mentioned Nuevoplayer 5 has completely changed architecture, now it is opened wide to add more and more plugins without changing main source code. So you can excpect I will continue with many new plugins including those related to ad networks. Unfortunately many ad networks are not interested to share or support their code, do not offer any test environment for 3rd party players, or have too high requirements for webmasters, so none of AVS websites can meet it.

Edited by dargre, 18 July 2011 - 11:23 AM.

#48 BaiGanio

BaiGanio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:45 AM

If you'd read well THE OVA FOR AS3 LICENSE - you would know that it is not free for commercial distribution.
If you do not distribute custom player with OVA lib - it's ok to use their free source code.

I see
okay that changes everything then

so , in that case do you plan to build something similar to OVA ?

#49 GILBERTO

GILBERTO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

Anyway I will try to look around how to proceed with OVA, though I really doubt it could bring me enough profits to cover my efforts (in community I'm active)
I'm not longtail or flow, I don't plan any huge promotiion for my product, don't plan to search for workers and hire them. I'm too old for this, I'm not so the greedy for money and career :) I also used to create projects relatively simple to understand by most of people, but keep it as attractive as possible. That's why Nuevoplayer in most of aspects looks more attractive than those famous players, has intuitive control panel.
As I mentioned Nuevoplayer 5 has completely changed architecture, now it is opened wide to add more and more plugins without changing main source code. So you can excpect I will continue with many new plugins including those related to ad networks. Unfortunately many ad networks are not interested to share or support their code, do not offer any test environment for 3rd party players, or have too high requirements for webmasters, so none of AVS websites can meet it.

And what about this http://flowplayer.or...tising/adsense/ ? that will be great for non adult pages ( like mine )

#50 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

And what about this http://flowplayer.or...tising/adsense/ ? that will be great for non adult pages ( like mine )

I am not so big and not US native so I could deal with Google. That's easy to understand I think.

Other thing is that I am not a fun of such shared ads as then they are not fitted completely to site content, are also well known (and usually skipped) by people. Taking calculator from flow site - relatively I make much more using adsense overlay.

Of course I will integrate such system if only Google decides to open it wide. At the moment it's for US citizens and sites with over 10 million views p.month.

Edited by dargre, 19 July 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#51 BaiGanio

BaiGanio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

I display GAfV , but is worth only for US traffic and ( here very important ) if you get advertisers because not everyone is willing to pay for the ads displaying on your site , the big guys are really getting it but the small site not really .
But is a great addition to the general income :)

#52 GILBERTO

GILBERTO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:09 AM

I am not so big and not US native so I could deal with Google. That's easy to understand I think.

Other thing is that I am not a fun of such shared ads as then they are not fitted completely to site content, are also well known (and usually skipped) by people. Taking calculator from flow site - relatively I make much more using adsense overlay.

Of course I will integrate such system if only Google decides to open it wide. At the moment it's for US citizens and sites with over 10 million views p.month.

overlay is not against Adsense TOS ? like this one http://watchvideos.t...ch/EpEHQMV86lBi

#53 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

overlay is not against Adsense TOS ? like this one http://watchvideos.t...ch/EpEHQMV86lBi

It depends how you set it. Surely such as ad should be allowed to be closed or skipped. Shouldn't be set on start.
Of course this concerns only AS ads.

Edited by dargre, 21 July 2011 - 12:50 PM.

#54 GILBERTO

GILBERTO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

It depends how you set it. Surely such as ad should be allowed to be closed or skipped. Shouldn't be set on start.
Of course this concerns only AS ads.

So do u think this ad is ok with adsense TOS
http://watchvideos.t...ch/v8orMzNybY7q

#55 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

So do u think this ad is ok with adsense TOS
http://watchvideos.t...ch/v8orMzNybY7q

From my knowledge - it is not.

#56 GILBERTO

GILBERTO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

From my knowledge - it is not.

I use jw player for my web and Nuevoplayer for embed but i think Nuevoplayer is not well integrated in my syste , and i have tried to contact u via Nuevolab but i have no response so am gonna ask u in here , how much you charge me to integrate the player in my web ? http://watchvideos.tv/

#57 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

I use jw player for my web and Nuevoplayer for embed but i think Nuevoplayer is not well integrated in my syste , and i have tried to contact u via Nuevolab but i have no response so am gonna ask u in here , how much you charge me to integrate the player in my web ? http://watchvideos.tv/

There is universal integration available, however it requires to build own playlist based on custom script database and paths settings. Also - a guide (related videos) php file (if use it).
There are not many users that can write it, but I already have several clients that were able to do it with good result.

I'm not so happy with programming on custom scripts. It doesn't mean so I can't do it - I can, whatever script is. However it takes so much time to get familar with unknown script, and time is money.... Programming is like any other kind of job, additionally requires really good, universal knowledge and experience.

#58 misulicus

misulicus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:19 AM

is there a guide on installing lighttpd with nuevo player ?
cant make it work

#59 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:08 PM

is there a guide on installing lighttpd with nuevo player ?
cant make it work

No need to have guide or do something.
It is set automatically same as for AVS player.

Of course if you have other than default lighttpd settings (same domain, port 81) - you must know it and then set necessary changes. Same concerns default AVS player.

BTW.
Actual version of Nuevoplayer is 5.

#60 misulicus

misulicus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:32 AM

No need to have guide or do something.
It is set automatically same as for AVS player.

Of course if you have other than default lighttpd settings (same domain, port 81) - you must know it and then set necessary changes. Same concerns default AVS player.

BTW.
Actual version of Nuevoplayer is 5.

well i tried that and once i change in avs config.local lighttpd = 1 no vidfeos play anymore
all i get is |video stream not found

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tag, tags