• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

I have just finished 2 projects, one smaller, second really big and important.
Here's about first one.

I have new version of popular AnyAd plugin which allows to display any type of Ad over Nuevoplayer.

What's new?

- added option to set expiry date, once ad expired - it will not display.

- added new type of ad: midroll (any size)
such ad (any html, javascript,iframe or flash) appears on bottom of the player after few seconds, and when closed small icon appears to restore ad.
Basically it looks same as banner ads on youtube.

- added support for 2 different close buttons: big red circle (as it was as far) and smaller rectangle (as on youtube ads).
Additionally added new option to set offset (in pixels) for close button from top-right corner.

- tweaked code for ad transparent background usage

- removed options like hide playicon as it's working automatically now

- added option, so you can assign each single ad to certain category only (or keave it for all).

- twekaed javascript code for better ad positioning

That's all.

You can see new type of Midroll Ad on our temporary demo (find it in links):

http://tinyurl.com/6tg2reu

Basically I made all those changes because of new version of Nuevoplayer (flash is almost same), HTML5 player is new.
So once HTML player announced - this will be one of very few HTML5 players that offers such ads monetizing options for non-pc devices.

Other good news is that our Nuevoplayer HTML5 player will also support Exoclick AdNetwork, something that even JWPlayer of Flow doesn't offer.

New version of AnyAd plugin will be available for Nuevoplayer 6 new release, or for current Nuevoplayer 5 with small update on request.

Soon in next post I will welcome all to discuss about HTML5 videos streaming, will explain what is possible and what is not, explain what is best strategy to play videos on different devices.

Of course before official release I will also present Nuevplayer for HTML5 (it's more advanced than most of other players)

Edited by dargre, 14 February 2012 - 10:02 PM.

VIDEO.JS - best HTML5 player in the world for AVS script

NUEVOPLAYER 8 - best flash+html5 player for video scripts
Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#2 Danielthatsme

Danielthatsme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Sounds great! Will it be possible to add pre roll videos in the html5 player just like in the current flash nuevo player?

#3 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

Sounds great! Will it be possible to add pre roll videos in the html5 player just like in the current flash nuevo player?

Yes, preroll video is possible in html5 player,
but... if it meets html5 standards....

More about html5 standards I will post soon
including demos that I already have ready.

Edited by dargre, 15 February 2012 - 02:04 PM.

Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#4 Danielthatsme

Danielthatsme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

Great Dargre! Looking forward to see it!

#5 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

BTW, concerning preroll video....

For Nuevoplayer 6, both: flash and html5 players: I 've added new option to skip preroll video after certain amount of seconds (just like on youtube)
Of course wbmaster can decide if use such option, and can set num of seconds for skip feature.

#6 Danielthatsme

Danielthatsme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

Sounds great!

Do you think it would be possible to get a count down clock on the prerol movie?
For ex if the prerol is 20 sec it would count down from 20 and a text will say .. sec to movie start...or something like that.
Just to let the viewer see how long they have to wait for the movie.

#7 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

Sounds great!

Do you think it would be possible to get a count down clock on the prerol movie?
For ex if the prerol is 20 sec it would count down from 20 and a text will say .. sec to movie start...or something like that.
Just to let the viewer see how long they have to wait for the movie.

It is already displayed in Nuevoplayer 5 (seconds countdown to start main movie).
It will also stay in next version, including HTML5 player.
New feature will be "Skip Ad" button (optionally), also with countdown before user can skip ad.

#8 Danielthatsme

Danielthatsme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

Cant wait! :)

#9 Danielthatsme

Danielthatsme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hi Dargre!

Any news about release of NP6?

#10 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

Yep, today in the night or tomorrow it will be released officially.

[Edit]
It's live already!
For AVS script I've made some special improovements:

Nuevoplayer 6 automatically detects device and switches to HTML5 player for iPad/iPhone etc. No script changes required.
Additionally for devices other than PC player size is automatically limited to iPhone video size (default HD player is too big).
If someone have AVS mobile plugin - best leave it as it is. We prepared Nuevoplayer for such plugin as well.
For iPhone and mobile plugin Nuevoplayer starts in fullscreen mode (for best preview).
There is also new "Home" button overlayed on such player which allows to navigate back to videos list.

Edited by dargre, 22 March 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#11 BaiGanio

BaiGanio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

@Dargre

you still don't wanna bother to integrate Google adsense for video ?

#12 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

@Dargre

you still don't wanna bother to integrate Google adsense for video ?

Sorry, but it's not on my todo list of most important things.
In past 3 years there were 2 people able to to run such ads and asking about it. So it's definitely not something worth of spending long time writing integration.
This can only change once Mr G. become less restrictive about their vodeo ads publisher requirements or I will need it myself.

Last days and possibly many next other in the nearest future I was fighting with html5.
It's real nightmare due to many restrictions and HTML5 different compatibility on different browsers.
At least this concerns video tag.
It was very difficult to create all those features for HTML5 player with playlist feature, with preroll option, with yoututbe plugin, with my AnyAd plugin support.

For scripts like AVS/Clipshare integrations we do not use player's fallback, we use device detection before player loaded.
This is much better and faster solution than using player's fallback, even if our player has such option.
So HTML5 player is loaded autmoaticlly if only one of devices like iPod/iPad/iPhone/Android/webOS detected.

In case of AVS script our HTML5 player make use of videos converted into "iphone" directory.
For AVS script on iPad in our player integration we took care not to load HD player size. It's to big for such devices and has no sense as ipHone video is one quality only.

Nuevoplayer 6 for HTML5 also make use of youtube API. And it's tested that indeed it can play youtube on iPad/iPhone devices. That's great feature as few other players that claim they can play yutube in fact they won't on iPad/iPhone, only on desktop computers. Seems other players develpers didn't do their homework well, were not able to solve the problem with youtube API "playVideo" command which doesn't work on iPad/iPhone until original youtube Play icon touched on screen. I also spent a long time trying to solve it, almost gave up, but finally I did what was possible. Youtube iframe API plays, it even plays as one of playlist items.

Edited by dargre, 13 April 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#13 Danielthatsme

Danielthatsme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Just want to recommend the new nuevo player 6! Works great!
And it also make preroll on iphone/ipad work!

We got it on our none adult site ctvplay.se

Thanks Dargre!

#14 comtek

comtek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Does this mod make the community tab available to mobile users?
If not, does anyone have such a mod?

#15 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

I'm still working on html5 player to make it more and more powerful, especially on iPad devices and touchscreens.

comtek, looks like do not know what you're talking about.
Player (like Nuevoplayer) is not a MOD. It is standalone application (player) to play website videos on desktop computers and other popular devices.
It doesn't change or concerns rest of website 's functionality.

Both: iPad and iPhone has standard Safari browser, so each website is loaded and working normal as on any PC until it is specially modified for such devices.

There is no any AVS special design or mod for iPads so website is loading normal and all parts of site are accessible. If player like Nuevoplayer used - video will play both: normal and fullscreen mod.

Same is on iPhone if AVS mobile plugin is not used.
The difference is that player will always start playing video in fullscreen and then this is always native HTML5 player.

AVS mobile plugin changes entire AVS website into single list of videos easy to navigate and play videos. That's what most of websites do when supporting iPhone.

#16 sextube

sextube

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Looks really nice great work... i'll be using only Nginx and only have the Nginx guide from the forum to use, is it possible to get instructions for using Nuevo Player v6 with Nginx, need to know before purchase :)

#17 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Looks really nice great work... i'll be using only Nginx and only have the Nginx guide from the forum to use, is it possible to get instructions for using Nuevo Player v6 with Nginx, need to know before purchase :)

Flash player streaming is exactly same as previous version.
HTML5 pseudostreaming works by default in all browsers and with all servers. It needs no specific provider and options.
However a lot depends on how video was encoded and what device is.
As you may know HTML5 may work different in different browsers and on different devices.
Possibly we need more time for further HTML5 language development and wait for devices/browsers producents to make it more stable and cross/browser.

Edited by dargre, 15 April 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#18 sextube

sextube

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

The guide in the forum is for AVS default player, need a guide for using Nginx with nuevoplayer so secure links and streaming http://forums.adultv...ht=nginx&page=4 :)

#19 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Code from nginx setup example in part where video links are defined doesn't differ from what it should be set for Nuevoplayer playlist file.
We do not deliver such code by default as it's not default AVS script option, also nginx settings on each server can be different.

But it's easy to copy exactly same part of code from such nginx example and put it in right place of our player playlist php file.

#20 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Again I updated Nuevoplayer 6 for HTML5 player.

I have solved most of issues appearing on devices like iPad/iPhone.
When reviewing other players code suprisingly I found that there is a lot of code missing to solve some basic iPad/iPhone limits, so I'm happy I could do that all.

I've added new skin (2 versions), specially designed for iPad/iPhone devices.
I've added code to support touch scroll for devices with touchscreen support.