• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

As I already announced I finished with new Nuevoplayer version which differs fom previous because of HTML5 version of the player.
But before I release it public I wish those interested first to learn of what HTML5 offers today.

There are many facts and myths about HTML5, many webmasters believe that enough is to have HTML5 player to feed all possible devices.
First of all HTML5 player will never be same powerful as Flash player.
HTML5 is only javascript wrapper while Flash is powerful tool to build even very complicated apps.

Next, HTML5 is not supported by all browsers. Older browsers like IE 6, 7, 8 do not support <video> tag at all.

Finally those browsers that support HTML5 differs in video formats they can accept for HTML5 <video> tag.
Not every browser will play your h264/MP4 videos from iPhone folder.

I wrote a long post on Nuevolab forum and prepared few demos about HTML5 and Nuevoplayer for HTML5.
You can detaily learn what OS and browsers can do with HTML5, how Nuevoplayer is prepared for streaming for scripts like AVS is.

Good thing about new Nuevoplayer with HTML5 support is that installation doesn't differ a lot from previous,
and that HTML5 version supports popular ANY AD plugin, so webmasters can earn from ads also on other than PC devices.

Here's the link to my post ( find demos link inside )

HTML5 strategies and Nuevoplayer for HTML5

Thanks for attention.

Edited by dargre, 24 February 2012 - 01:04 PM.

VIDEO.JS - best HTML5 player in the world for AVS script

NUEVOPLAYER 8 - best flash+html5 player for video scripts
Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)