• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

I already announced nice thumbs mod for Nuevoplayer which shows small thumbs over player progressbar when you mouse over progressbar.
Few webmasters already have it.

But now I developed a new revolutionary technique for generating and displaying such thumbs!

As far our generator was producing huge number of small thumbs, later stored in some unique video directory. Such thumbs were read by the player and once loaded could sho over progressbar.
It's easy to guess that for longer video this could be hundreds of small image files, and player was executing hundreds of requests for each small thumb, whenever mouse over progressbar.
Even if it was working correctly all, you can imagine how heavy and long task it is to write/read hundreds of files for one video only.
For example 10 minute video with 5 sec. offset for thumbs requires 120 picture files.

But now this all changed!
Our small thumbs generator produce only 1 (literally ONE) jpg file.
Nuevoplayer (only version 6) reads only 1 jpg file and does all bitmap and pixel operations in memory.

Just imagine, how much resources is used to read 1 file instead of 120!
Just imagine how fast small thumbs are ready to display if they do not need to be loaded from URL, only changing bitmaps stored in memory.
It's less than 1 seconds, no matter if this is 5 images or 500 !!!

Such revolutionary technique has one limit.
Flash cannot read images larger that 2880x2880.
This means that maximum number of thumbs can be about 1000.
But this is enough for video even longer than 1 hour.

I can't say that I worked weeks on such project. Maybe 2-3 days. But it was really extensive and difficult work. But result is amazing and not seen anywehere else, including youtube. Maybe youtube should hire me :D

Now I'm going to clean up all the code and prepare the plugin for release.
Unfortunately this one will work only with Nuevoplayer 6.
It should be available in few hours from now.

I just tried with high quality, pretty long 45 minutes video.
Thumbs generator created ONE jpg file 2700x1520 - 1344 KB.
When video loaded into Nuevoplayer, new plugin loaded jpg and created 540 thumbs (bitmaps) in less than 1-2 seconds (hard to catch it by eye).
Switching between thumbs is very smooth and super fast.

Demo is already updated, mentioned 45 minute long video is available to watch and test http://goo.gl/A0uLy
Those who already purchased plugin for Nuevoplayer6 can download updated version.

Regards.

Edited by dargre, 09 July 2012 - 10:21 AM.

VIDEO.JS - best HTML5 player in the world for AVS script

NUEVOPLAYER 8 - best flash+html5 player for video scripts
Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#2 xcit3r

xcit3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

I already announced nice thumbs mod for Nuevoplayer which shows small thumbs over player progressbar when you mouse over progressbar.
Few webmasters already have it.

But now I developed a new revolutionary technique for generating and displaying such thumbs!

As far our generator was producing huge number of small thumbs, later stored in some unique video directory. Such thumbs were read by the player and once loaded could sho over progressbar.
It's easy to guess that for longer video this could be hundreds of small image files, and player was executing hundreds of requests for each small thumb, whenever mouse over progressbar.
Even if it was working correctly all, you can imagine how heavy and long task it is to write/read hundreds of files for one video only.
For example 10 minute video with 5 sec. offset for thumbs requires 120 picture files.

But now this all changed!
Our small thumbs generator produce only 1 (literally ONE) jpg file.
Nuevoplayer (only version 6) reads only 1 jpg file and does all bitmap and pixel operations in memory.

Just imagine, how much resources is used to read 1 file instead of 120!
Just imagine how fast small thumbs are ready to display if they do not need to be loaded from URL, only changing bitmaps stored in memory.
It's less than 1 seconds, no matter if this is 5 images or 500 !!!

Such revolutionary technique has one limit.
Flash cannot read images larger that 2880x2880.
This means that maximum number of thumbs can be about 1000.
But this is enough for video even longer than 1 hour.

I can't say that I worked weeks on such project. Maybe 2-3 days. But it was really extensive and difficult work. But result is amazing and not seen anywehere else, including youtube. Maybe youtube should hire me :D

Now I'm going to clean up all the code and prepare the plugin for release.
Unfortunately this one will work only with Nuevoplayer 6.
It should be available in few hours from now.

I just tried with high quality, pretty long 45 minutes video.
Thumbs generator created ONE jpg file 2700x1520 - 1344 KB.
When video loaded into Nuevoplayer, new plugin loaded jpg and created 540 thumbs (bitmaps) in less than 1-2 seconds (hard to catch it by eye).
Switching between thumbs is very smooth and super fast.

Demo is already updated, mentioned 45 minute long video is available to watch and test http://goo.gl/A0uLy
Those who already purchased plugin for Nuevoplayer6 can download updated version.

Regards.

Ive submitted 2 tickets and no one is answering them.. i have problems with this plugin, ive followed the instructions but it does not work... could you help me? Thanks,

#3 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

I have been outside of my office and home for 10 days about due to some sad family event. My internet access there was very limited, completely useless for any serious use.

But from today (24.07) I'm back home, and from tomorrow I start to work as normal.
I see, I have a lot of emails, PMs, orders, etc.
Of course I will be revieweing it all one by one, but if you read this message, please email to nuevolab.com with your order details or support questions, as this will be probably the fastest way I will be able to reply.

Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#4 xcit3r

xcit3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

I have been outside of my office and home for 10 days about due to some sad family event. My internet access there was very limited, completely useless for any serious use.

But from today (24.07) I'm back home, and from tomorrow I start to work as normal.
I see, I have a lot of emails, PMs, orders, etc.
Of course I will be revieweing it all one by one, but if you read this message, please email to nuevolab.com with your order details or support questions, as this will be probably the fastest way I will be able to reply.

Ok mate, ill contact you via client area!

#5 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

I think I solved your issue,
and by the way I updated php part of thumbs plugin, which now generates and stores slide picture into different location just to avoid possible issue when standard thumbs directories were created in other than default way.

So those who got the plugin from Nuevolab, please download and reinstall it. It's available in clientarea downloads section of Nuevolab.com website.

EDIT.
I just updated the plugin one more time to changed the way how offset between thumbs is calculated.
I made this useful change thanks to suggestion of my German firend, who also developed idea for x264 conversion for scripts like AVS.
Previously time offset between progressbar thumbs was static value with default 5 seconds offset, available to change by webmaster.
Now this is dynamic value and depends on video length. The longer video is - offset is bigger. This is similar to what youtube does.
Time offset between thumbs starts from 2 seconds for really short videos, and can be up to 10 seconds for long videos (over 20 minutes).
Offset value and thumbs number is stored in database "video" table.

Edited by dargre, 26 July 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#6 xcit3r

xcit3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

I think I solved your issue,
and by the way I updated php part of thumbs plugin, which now generates and stores slide picture into different location just to avoid possible issue when standard thumbs directories were created in other than default way.

So those who got the plugin from Nuevolab, please download and reinstall it. It's available in clientarea downloads section of Nuevolab.com website.

EDIT.
I just updated the plugin one more time to changed the way how offset between thumbs is calculated.
I made this useful change thanks to suggestion of my German firend, who also developed idea for x264 conversion for scripts like AVS.
Previously time offset between progressbar thumbs was static value with default 5 seconds offset, available to change by webmaster.
Now this is dynamic value and depends on video length. The longer video is - offset is bigger. This is similar to what youtube does.
Time offset between thumbs starts from 2 seconds for really short videos, and can be up to 10 seconds for long videos (over 20 minutes).
Offset value and thumbs number is stored in database "video" table.

Yes sir job's done thank you very much.... now i got an answer... is there any chance to automatically make slides when a video is approved or converted? and not to click "slides" for every one of them??

Thanks mate.

#7 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

Newly converted videos while standard upload process has slides automatically.
There is no such option for videos that have been uploaded in the past, and for this purpose I prepared generator in siteadmin.

I'm very proud of this plugin as this is really good job. Hard to believe how fast hundreds of small thumbs can be prepared and displayed by the player. Only Youtube has such enough fast thumbs feature, though I doubt it's faster or lighter than it is for Nuevoplayer.
All the rest attempts with other players can't be even compared.

Edited by dargre, 04 August 2012 - 10:45 AM.

#8 xcit3r

xcit3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Newly converted videos while standard upload process has slides automatically.
There is no such option for videos that have been uploaded in the past, and for this purpose I prepared generator in siteadmin.

I'm very proud of this plugin as this is really good job. Hard to believe how fast hundreds of small thumbs can be prepared and displayed by the player. Only Youtube has such enough fast thumbs feature, though I doubt it's faster or lighter than it is for Nuevoplayer.
All the rest attempts with other players can't be even compared.

Yes indeed the plugin is awesome im very satisfied with it but still i got that issue... when i upload a video via frontend it does not make automatically the slides... it does only by clicking slides on backend... can you give me a hand with that?

Thanks in advance, great plugin, great support.

#9 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

I can't do much from forum level.
Thumbs extraction while convert process was confirmed by other users so it's working fine.
But first conversion must work properly to the end. If it is stopped in some place - thums function won't even start then.

Also good idea would be to redownload "thumbs" plugin an check if you did all properly according to install tutorial
As I remember first version of plugin might not working in some points, but it was changed and verified some time ago.

Other clients who has AnyAd plugin for Nuevoplayer6, also may consider to redownload plugin and only reupload files (no reinstallation is required).
Basically this is same mod, same working and what I only changed are names of functions and files. This is against browsers' Ad Blockers that may block everything with "ad" chars used inside javascript or filenames.

Edited by dargre, 13 August 2012 - 05:37 PM.