7 replies to this topic

#1 Kagere

Kagere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

Hello

I am looking for a good hosting to start my first video site, i'm really lost there are a lot of offers, I am interested in Citrix for a start but I hesitate because i read that they can suspend my account if it exceeds a certain limit.

I do not know how bandwidth is calculated, Can someone tell me how many visitors day can my site go without seeing my account suspended please, And what is the best plan to start with Citrix or another good hosting.

Thank you

#2 badboyzon9

badboyzon9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

How much is your budget? Video hosting use alottttttttt of bandwidth, you have to go with unmetered one. If you just have low budget like me, start with shared hosting, and upgrde when you make enough to cover for dedicated server. Which is a must if you planing long term profit making. Share hosting is basiclly the same, regardless of their plans, they all shared with many many accounts, no less than 20+.

#3 jskoh

jskoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

AVS is "Not recommended" on share hosting.

#4 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

Actually, shared hosting is more than enough to start with. Not everyone has a ton of visits right from the start.

Danny B.
Founder
ClipShare | MediaShare | AVS | CamChat

#5 Quantum

Quantum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

Hello

I am looking for a good hosting to start my first video site, i'm really lost there are a lot of offers, I am interested in Citrix for a start but I hesitate because i read that they can suspend my account if it exceeds a certain limit.

I do not know how bandwidth is calculated, Can someone tell me how many visitors day can my site go without seeing my account suspended please, And what is the best plan to start with Citrix or another good hosting.

Thank you

Just a quick higlight and warning, when i first had my site, i hosted it with " cirtex " shared hosting...BAD IDEA,  they suspended my account without warning without any partial refund. So they tooks some of my money for free and i gave up.

For the moment, i just got the site back up online, and for a start, am using shared hosting Ultra  from Pacific Hosting . Check them out, Use Coupon Code FX2013 . So far they're awesome and answers tickets very quickly.

#6 peleus

peleus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

AVS is "Not recommended" on share hosting.

Hi I'm new to VPS. But why is it not recommended please? vbulletin-smile.gif

#7 theone

theone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:29 AM

Hi I'm new to VPS. But why is it not recommended please? vbulletin-smile.gif

Shared is not the same as VPS.

Shared servers use a single environment to host many customers and you have limited privileges.

VPS servers host fewer customers and each has their own virtual environment with root access.

The advantage of VPS is that it's much less expensive than dedicated and you'll often get unlimited bandwidth.

The disadvantages are that storage space (and other resources like CPU cores / memory) are very limited and in most cases you don't have the option to expand.

Also, many hosts will oversell their VPS servers which can cause a variety of problems that can often be hard to pinpoint for a novice user (such as I/O bottlenecks).

Edited by theone, 16 January 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#8 carlahinds

carlahinds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

@ Kagere

I would suggest you to try http://waxspace.com/...o-sharing-sites

their servers are extremely fast and they allow adult hosting for anyone who wants to host on their server. All the best!

http://waxspace.com/...limited-hosting

Waxspace Unlimited Web Hosting at $1 per month