5 replies to this topic

#1 fashion1

fashion1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

May I please ask;

1. Is it true that Flash is being depreciated by Adobe?
2. If yes, when?
3. If Flash is depreciated, does that mean FLV format videos will not play anymore on my website?

Many thanks for light anyone can shed on these issues.

#2 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

Flash and FLV format will be present for long years still.
This doesn't change the fact that FLV format is pretty outdated these days, working only in flash, not great quality vs compression.
Most popular format currently is h264/mp4, supported by flash and most of HTML5 platforms. Hard to say if this will change and when. Surely not so soon.

VIDEO.JS - best HTML5 player in the world for AVS script

NUEVOPLAYER 8 - best flash+html5 player for video scripts
Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#3 fashion1

fashion1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Thank you for this reply.
May I also please ask the following.
All the files on my AVS website are in FLV format. I would like AVS to convert all future uploads to MP4 format rather than FLV format because MP4 format is better quality and more widely supported, especially on mobile devices, a trend that will likely continue.
There does not seem to be any upgrade and install that I can purchase from AVS to achieve this goal. Boon from the support desk has explained that newer versions of AVS have an improved conversion system/ Boon kindly provided some files associated with this for my php expert to install. But we are unable to configure AVS to convert all future uploads to MP4. The best we have achieved so far is some files in formats other than FLV will convert to MP4 and some will not. And no files uploaded in FLV format will convert to MP4. They remain in FLV format. Can anyone help? Or more accurately, can I purchase help to achieve my goal of MP4 conversion for all uploads regardless of original file format?

#4 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

FLV uploaded are not converted to MP4, and being honest there is no such need. However they are converted to MP4 format ans stored in "iphone" directory if iPhone conversion enabled in Siteadmin and all required media libraries and tools are installed correctly.
This is not perfect solution, but it works (conversions: SD+HD+Mobile)

To save bandwidth and for better video quality I developed a MOD, which allows to have maximum 2 videos per instance, instead of 3, where both videos (SD and HD) are of "MP4/x264" format. Default SD video is playable on mobile/tablet devices.

WHat does it mean?

1. You save disk space by not converting special video for iPhone/tablet
2. SD MP4 video is of better quality than FLV.
3. iPhone video is same good quality as SD

Additionally as I always try to be "pro", I took care about many details concerning new video conversion and storage.

- multiple functions are updated to support both "FLV" and "MP4" standard videos.
- default player (or my Nuevoplayer 6 player) configuration code is updated to support possible both: FLV and MP4 format for SD video instead of FLV only.
- siteadmin preview player code is updated to support both: FLV and MP4 instead of FLV only.
- AVS mobile template files (if used) are updated to support both new standard MP4 videos or old MP4 from "iphone" directory.

Tomorrow I should release such mod public and plan EU 20-25 price about (with self-installation accoring to installation tutorial)
EDIT: Well I was fast enough to create dedictaed mod's page on Nuevolab: http://goo.gl/5FsqX

To remind:

If you do not wish to use mobile template and prefer default template for mobile/tablet devices, Nuevoplayer (if installed) do the trick easily. By default it detects current device and assign proper player with proper video file(s) to play for both: dektop PC and for mobile/tablet devices.

If someone prefer to stay with default player, for EU 15.00 about I can offer the mod with fallback code which detects device and assign default flash player or HTML5 default player with proper video(s) to play.

Edited by dargre, 13 November 2012 - 12:02 AM.

VIDEO.JS - best HTML5 player in the world for AVS script

NUEVOPLAYER 8 - best flash+html5 player for video scripts
Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#5 fashion1

fashion1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

I will now send you a private message.

#6 apple82

apple82

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Flash and FLV format will be present for long years still.
This doesn't change the fact that FLV format is pretty outdated these days, working only in flash, not great quality vs compression.
Most popular format currently is h264/mp4, supported by flash and most of HTML5 platforms. Hard to say if this will change and when. Surely not so soon.

hello wanted to contact you but it is impossible!

I would like to know more about the NuevoPlayer 6.0?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flash