• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 youpunish

youpunish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

I was recently informed that my server and website were causing high server load and causing hardware issues. I investigated and all my processes where quite low. So it wasn't the AVS script. However I found out that Hostv recently changed all their plans and they no longer offer unlimited bandwidth plans, thus my server was causing bandwidth issues rather than load issues (i guess you could argue they are similar in a way).

Regardless of the cause, they told me I had to upgrade to a dedicated server for $239/month. This server has only 3.2Tb of total bandwidth. Last month my server had 6.2TB of total bandwidth and I was only on a VPS.

So I guess I need to move hosts...

Are there any good ones out there or does someone want to buy my website? Server is down atm due to high load. The website is youpunish.com.

Some statistics:

• Average visitors per day: 3,000-5,000
  • Average time on site: 7 minutes
  • Average pages per visit: 13
  • Percentage new visits: 65%
  • Videos in database: 2,000
  • Active Members: 3,000
  • Over the past two years we have had almost 2 million visits and acquired over 5,000 members.

Cheers,

Adam

#2 kishlayken1990

kishlayken1990

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

average visitors 3000-5000 per day that makes it more 10000 visits a month. which is good traffic.

#3 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Who cares about hostings like hostv or cirtex?
From years people say only bad things about them. But also for years they catch next and next naives who believe that for pennies they can have powerful servers with unlimitted traffic and a lot of disk space.

Edited by dargre, 26 March 2013 - 08:58 PM.

VIDEO.JS - best HTML5 player in the world for AVS script

NUEVOPLAYER 8 - best flash+html5 player for video scripts
Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#4 dsou

dsou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

ya end user would not care until the person gets services. but resellers and web masters has to do all the costing for every cent.