2 replies to this topic

#1 mruploads

mruploads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hi there,

I'm looking for a script or service that will prune low-rated movies over 30 days old, so my site will ONLY have top-rated movies!

This also keeps the disk space down...

This is just the first mod I need done, please contact me!
Thanks,
-Mr Uploads

#2 theone

theone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

That's probably a bad idea.

1.) Rating systems only work so-well. They are not always very accurate, especially on less popular sites.

2.) You'd be better off expanding your storage space then by investing time or money into removing videos.

Why....?

If someone posts a link to your video and it becomes a good source of traffic and then the video gets removed because it got a low rating then you are royally screwing yourself.

Or, say you have a member that has uploaded 600 movies but only a small amount of them got good ratings so the majority of them got removed.

How would it make you feel as a contributing member to invest that much effort just to find out your videos were deleted?

I can help you with some modifications but you should really think them through.

#3 D3MO

D3MO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

better idea would be to track like bounce rate if user opened a movie and in xx seconds closed it that means he didnt liked it so you can delete movies if the video gets bounce rate more than 60% of the visitors:)

for example 10 users opened video and if video lenghtis 1 minute and user watched just 10 seconds then add it as a bounce record

www.adultvideoscriptmods.com - Stand out from the crowd:)

Probably will become theleading AVS modmarket