8 replies to this topic

#1 Quantum

Quantum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

Hey,

I have been looking around  on here for a mod that can mass upload images from the front end. There was a user on here that was selling this but am not sure if that person is still active.

Long story short. looking for a front end mass image upload, clicking and adding single files is very time consuming if you have about 50+ images that needs uploaded to an album.

Anyone...?

Thanks.....

#2 theone

theone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

I can create this mod for you.

Send me a PM.

• nwtube likes this

#3 jonward55

jonward55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:46 PM

Send me a PM.

Hi,

Are you still able to provide this ?

Thanks

#4 nwtube

nwtube

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:00 AM

Send me a PM.

Interested also.. Site admin Flash uploader for multi files maybe? 

#5 jonward55

jonward55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:11 PM

Interested also.. Site admin Flash uploader for multi files maybe? 

I had mine done in about an hour by GILBERTO so I suggest you get in touch with him.

Fast and reliable :-)

#6 nwtube

nwtube

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:49 PM

I had mine done in about an hour by GILBERTO so I suggest you get in touch with him.

Fast and reliable :-)

Is it just for the siteadmin? Not user flash upload? Screenshot?

#7 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:04 AM

There's no sense to use flash only based uploaders as it's not compatible with mobile devices.

Most of browsers today are HTML5 valid and HTML5 has excellent support for reading multiple files.

For images HTML5 not only can read image files, but also can process file before submitted, so it's possible to resize image, draw on canvas, show thumbs.

The mod I developed through Nuevolab does it all, additionally allows to cancel each single thumb before submitted to create album.

In frontend it use "multiple" file input parameter and HTML5/javascript file_reader + canvas draw functions to show photo thumbs before album submitted.

In siteadmin it also use "multiple" option, but doesn't use file_reader as admin doesn't need to show thumbs before submitting the form, usually prefer faster action.

Webmaster should remember that almost every server by default has a limit for multiple files uploaded at the same time. It's usually 20 files.

However it's possible to increase the limit, eg. to 100 by setting "max_file_uploads" value in php.ini, and restarting HTTPD service.

VIDEO.JS - best HTML5 player in the world for AVS script

NUEVOPLAYER 8 - best flash+html5 player for video scripts
Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#8 jonward55

jonward55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:22 PM

There's no sense to use flash only based uploaders as it's not compatible with mobile devices.

Most of browsers today are HTML5 valid and HTML5 has excellent support for reading multiple files.

For images HTML5 not only can read image files, but also can process file before submitted, so it's possible to resize image, draw on canvas, show thumbs.

The mod I developed through Nuevolab does it all, additionally allows to cancel each single thumb before submitted to create album.

In frontend it use "multiple" file input parameter and HTML5/javascript file_reader + canvas draw functions to show photo thumbs before album submitted.

In siteadmin it also use "multiple" option, but doesn't use file_reader as admin doesn't need to show thumbs before submitting the form, usually prefer faster action.

Webmaster should remember that almost every server by default has a limit for multiple files uploaded at the same time. It's usually 20 files.

However it's possible to increase the limit, eg. to 100 by setting "max_file_uploads" value in php.ini, and restarting HTTPD service.

Most people using the multi file upload probably wont be using a mobile device anyway ........

YOUR mod only works with the latest version of AVS. For the rest of us using the older versions, we do not want to upgrade to the latest version because over the years we have highly customised our sites and templates so an upgrade would be a financial and logistical nightmare.

The mod that I had installed works 100% perfectly, It was installed really quickly and I didn't have to put up with any rude replies when I asked simple questions.

I did ask you at first about using YOUR mod on the older versions but I received the usual "Holier Than Thou" response from you.

The mod works 100% for older versions and you should support other developers instead of always saying that YOUR mods are always the best and that you know better than anyone else.

Your customer service also leaves a hell of a lot of room for improvement !

That being said, the guy who supplied THIS mod was polite and courteous and the mod worked just perfectly.

#9 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:38 PM

My mod is for every AVS 3 version. AVS 2 was released about 6 years ago. Who cares about 6 years old script ?

Hard to expect that any serious developer is going to release a public mod for such old version.

I understand you may not be happy to update your script version, it's your choice. But I don't understand your frustration that most of new solutions and mods do not fit your script.

You will always have trouble with modifications and having your site up to date if you stick with such old script.

Nobody's happy when forced to change or upgrade his script too often. But that's what internet is. If you stay with old script too long, this will bury your site in short time.

But of course it's your choice and your trouble. It's also your choice to install whatever you want, form anyone you want.  I don't have a problem with it.

My choice is to write scripts in the way I find most meaningful and that I find useful for 90% of users. This is also my choice to deny service if I don't find it smart or worth doing.

VIDEO.JS - best HTML5 player in the world for AVS script

NUEVOPLAYER 8 - best flash+html5 player for video scripts
Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)