• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 theone

theone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:59 PM

I've been working on a major overhaul to AVS 3.3 for high profile client which involves converting the functionality of AVS into a single-page AJAX application.

Scripting entirely in AJAX allows for the site to load MUCH more quickly and efficiently as each piece of requested data is loaded only on demand without ever refreshing or leaving the landing page. This results in a more efficient and streamline user experience and videos are delivered almost instantaneously. 

For example, if a user clicks a video then they are only served the video and if they want to view comments for a video that data is only retrieved when they click the comments button. This eliminates the need to retrieve / download data that is not specifically requested by the user. This all occurs while eliminating the need to refresh the page or download additional assets.

This also enables users to watch videos, upload content, or message with other users without ever leaving their search position on the site.

The entire site is still crawlable and uses clean, SEO friendly URL's (ie.  /videos/query=cute+kittens/o=mr/page=210/ ) with a hashtag fallback (though most browsers support pushState these days).

To get to the point, I am entertaining the idea of selling this application in very limited numbers (2-3 copies max) as opposed to selling the exclusive rights to my client. (This app would still require a valid AVS license).

If you're interested let me know and l can provide some additional specs.

This application utilizes all the latest web technologies in a format that really stands out from your average site while delivering content much faster than is possible with a traditional MVC application. It's very "lightweight" and fully responsive without the use of the clunky Bootstrap (BootCRAP as I like to call it).

Some of the many features I've added to this application include infinite scrolling, 'live' search, full-featured HTML5 player with playlist support / slow-motion , drag and drop uploading, front-end user video "grabbing", just to name a few.

• Damien likes this