• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Muze

Muze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

Do the in-media pre-roll and post-roll ads ONLY appear when the user has Flash?  It seems they don't work in the HTML5 player.  Please confirm.

#2 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:28 AM

AVS player is flash player. FLash player is not HTML5 player, doesn't work on mobiles or tablets.

On mobiles/tablets you see browser's native HTML5 player. This is not custom software or player.

Such player has only most basic play functions. 

VIDEO.JS - best HTML5 player in the world for AVS script

NUEVOPLAYER 8 - best flash+html5 player for video scripts
Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#3 Muze

Muze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:46 AM

I've confirmed it.  If the user doesn't have Flash installed, the browser will play the video with basic controls (using HTML5) and the ads don't work. 

The in-media ads only work with Flash.  They don't appear for mobile/tablet users, or anyone on a computer with Flash disabled.

There needs to be HTML5 support for in-media ads.

#4 dargre

dargre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:34 AM

I suggest to learn what is HTML5.

This is markup language, not a script to modufy. HTML5 brings set of basic rules responsible for website display in browser.

It's not dynamic script like AVS that can read from database or files and decide about custom functions/tasks for website display.

Writing about "HTML5 support for ads" is misunderstanding what html is and how internet works.

This sounds like "There needs to be Heaven support for warm sun every day" :)

Edited by dargre, 13 February 2017 - 03:34 AM.

VIDEO.JS - best HTML5 player in the world for AVS script

NUEVOPLAYER 8 - best flash+html5 player for video scripts
Mods, custom code by NuevoLab (Search Suggest, Multiple image upload, Seo mods,and much more)

#5 Muze

Muze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:33 AM

I didn't say that HTML5 was a script to modify.  AVS should be updated to allow in-media ads to play when the user's browser is using HTML5, not just flash.  I don't think what I was saying is that hard to understand but hopefully it's more clear to you now.